SkypeTrance acts as a substitution to the normal Skype chat window. To use it:
- start Skype;
- start SkypeTrance;
- choose a language to receive the messages in, and a language into which to translate the outgoing messages.
After doing so, all incoming Skype chat messages will appear in SkypeTrance, translated in the language you selected.
If you wish to send a message to a given Skype user in a foreign language you should:
- choose the recipient from the "to" list;
- choose the language in which you want the message to be received, from the "in" list:
- enter the message;
- press the "send" button.
2. I start SkypeTrance, but the "to" list is empty!
In the "to" list you must choose the message recipient from the so-called "combo box". This box gets filled automatically when SkypeTrance establishes communication with Skype.
For this to happen, however, you must set up Skype to communicate with SkypeTrance.
You have to:
- open "Tools->Options->Advanced";
- click on "Manage other programs' access to Skype";
- in the newly opened window choose SkypeTrance, press "Change" and choose "Allow this program to use Skype"